Somewhat embarrassingly, I have had a JLRT Gresley Diagram 113 full brake sat on the edge of my workbench for the last couple of years. it had stalled at the final fitting of the roof stage.
On Sunday morning Chris asked me if I was ever going to finish it (it was a Christmas gift from her) So late morning I got stuck into fitting the roof and by the end of the day I had not only fitted the roof I had added most of the underframe fittings too – I had prepared the buffer beams a couple of years ago.
So here it is sat on a pair of borrowed bogie – I put the original Gresley bogies supplied under my first Kirk Parcels van build – I have a pair of Newbould Models 8.0′ Fox to go under this but they need making up.
I hope to make more rapid progress on this going forward….