More progress has been made this week and the loco and tender brakes are now complete.
The loco brakes were a bit more interesting in that I didn’t have to re-drill the mounting holes. However the brake hanger etches have a square hole in one end and a round one in the other so using some 1mm square bar, some tube and some 0.9mm rod I made up some mounting brackets
These fitted nicely except for the rear pair which wouldn’t fit between the rear wheelsets without touching. Not to be deterred I rounded the end of a couple of pieces of 1mm square bar and fitted that instead. I also had to shorten the brake cross beams by approximately 1.5mm either side so that the brake hangers didn’t splay out beyond the wheels.
The red bits are electrical sleeve, there to retain the brake hangers until I am confident that I can solder them up.