While I was off for the last week I also did more work on the NBR 4 plank Dropside wagon. It’s a good job that I did because since returning to Wakefield with big plans to crack on with the G5 my mojo seems to have taken a holiday too and no modelling has been done for the last couple of days.
Sorry about the poor quality of the photos the white styrene is quite difficult to photograph and I am not yet at the stage where I can give it a coat of primer.
The door bangers had me scratching my head – the Evergreen strip kept snapping as I bent it to shape (despite using a coat of solvent to soften it). My solution was to use the broken ends of styrene as the outer strap and cutting about 2/3rds of the circle from a small length of styrene tube to use for the main protruding part of the door banger.