In between other jobs I managed to get a squirt of black paint, the transfers and some weathering on the tar tank.
What was interesting having built an lettered a Slaters kit, is that I took the measurements for this from a Skinley drawing. That drawing must relate in some way to the Slaters transfers because unlike the Slaters’ kit the transfers went on in one piece without having to make any adjustments to letter spacing to take account of the panel size and layout of the rivets.
My Slaters example took several sessions/hours to get the transfers on whereas these went in in about 15 minutes tops for both sides.
My main reason for building this was to do further experiments with the crackle medium to see if I could reproduce cracked tar runs on the tank. I am pleased with the results so far.