In order to bend the front curves of the tender sides which were very close to the half etched line for the location of the front bulkhead I soldered in a couple of strips of scrap to stop it bending on the half etched line instead of where I wanted it to.
A few days off over Easter saw me make further progress on the 06.
Shaping the curves of the inner tender sides was interesting because in my ignorance I had chopped off one end of the etch which contained the marked etched bend lines and although I still had the piece that I removed I couldn’t realistically realign it. So some careful measuring was in order.
I annealed the tops of the sides where the main bend was to be – I did this a couple of times during the process.
Once happy I soldered in the rear bulkhead and started to add details.