Where had we got to?
Once I had the sides to the right shape and soldered to the bunker rear I set about detailing the front and rear bulkheads. As I mentioned in York Paul’s thread I fitted all the whitemetal castings to the rear bulkhead prior to fitting it. Those on the front bulkhead await fitting.
in true perverse DJH fashion, although the front bulk head and many of it’s constituent parts are half etched the rear bulkhead is full thickness.
Streamlined Cover and Ladder for the rear of the Tender.
Dealing with the thickness of the metal has been a real learning curve on this one because my 80 Watt Ersa solder station won’t touch it with 145 degree solder at my usual 340 degree setting.
I have had to whack it up to 400 to get the solder to run. This has meant that much of the soldering has been done with the microflame including (and this may want some of you to lay in a darkened room…) the whitemetal bits.