DJH Streamlined Coronation – Coupling Rods

Following on my my note on the coupling rods I managed to get a couple of photos of them now that they are soldered up.

DJH Streamlined Coronation – Coupling Rods

DJH Streamlined Coronation – Coupling Rods

And then a couple that will hopefully show how much I had to file out of the cylinder castings….

DJH Streamlined Coronation – Cylinders

DJH Streamlined Coronation – Cylinders

Essentially the slots bottom left and top right were almost full of whitemetal so I used an older square file to remove the material. Now that I have the lathe with the milling attachment I suspect that I might have used a burr to mill out the material much more efficiently. Something to remember should I encounter anything similar in the future.