This weekend was a busy one so I didn’t get much in the way of modelling done. I did manage to make a little progress on the NER vans getting some door furniture and a roof on the G1
It looks a little flat in the middle which I think is a trick of the light because it doesn’t look flat in the flesh.
I had previously put “canvas on the roof of the G2 but took it off because I hadn’t got the supports for the opening canvas roof in the right place. I moved them inwards and then re “canvassed” the roof ends using the usual lense tissue and I also made up the opening section with two layers of tissue and some 0.75mm square section rod carefully cut to length and spaced out. This when coated with pva and stretched onto the roof has given a very good result when compared to the photos of examples with canvas roof hatches in Tatlow.
Those with longer memories than me will note that one of the V hangers is missing. I have removed it to make this one of the vacuum fitted examples for variety since I have a brass kit for a vertical planked version which is unfitted in the stash to build.