DA Princess Tender chassis

When I started on the brake pull rods and fitting the water scoop, I quickly realised that the kit is very lacking in detail underneath the tender.

After being kindly supplied a drawing that showed the detail of the inner frames of the tender, I started to add some additional details. My spares box yielded a couple of balance weights which I added to the linkages supplied in the kit. Not perfect but better than nothing. This is still a work in progress.

LMS Princess Water scoop gear
LMS Princess Water scoop gear
LMS Princess Water scoop gear

As you can see from the photos it does all move at the minute but I may need to solder it solid depending on how far I can go with the remaining linkages and how controllable they are.

I also started work on the brake linkages adding a bit of 3D detail to the joints using scrap etch and brass rod.

LMS Tender Brake Pull Rods
LMS Tender Brake Pull Rods
LMS Tender Brake Pull Rods