Since dabbling with horse drawn vehicles I have been able to scratch an itch that I have had for a while. It started several years ago when I was talking to a gent while demoing at a show and he mentioned that he had some 1:43 scale horse drawn carriages. I was most surprised when at the next show I was demoing at he brought one along and offered it to me. Funds changed hands and I happily brought home this.
my intentions have always been to use it as a load for one of the open Carriage trucks that I have part built. What I didn’t notice until some time after bringing it home was that one of the carriage lamps was missing. I am not complaining because to be honest the lamps are a bit cheesy and do let down what is other wise not a bad model.
A discussion with a friend brought this to mind and I decided to have a go at doing something about it. I made a prototype to prove the concept but it was a bit on the big side so I made a couple more which are pretty much dead on for the size of the one that remains.
Not the best photo in the world but these things are pretty small.