Since finishing the build of the tender truck at the weekend I have spent some time playing with additional details. I have also primed and started the top coats of paint but I haven’t taken any photos yet (not much to show to be honest).
First I got a bit carried away and made a few more shunting poles…. I found that the pin shanks bent so much better without annealing first.
Then I had a rummage in my scrap etc box to see what if anything I had in the way of tool boxes or something that could be made into them.
First off I came up with this it was a bit fiddly to make up and the first wash lost some of the bits of rod on the sides…. The oil can is one of the Peter Roles castings.
Next up I really wanted an open toolbox. A spare etch and some scratch built straps etc. gave me this which I am quite suited with.
Jim also supplies a few cast details in the form of buckets, upright oil cans and shovels so I made a start on painting some of them.
I am not too sure about the buckets……