Gladiator B16-1 Loco Body Detailing

Although I haven’t posted much on this having  concentrated on the caoches I have been making steady progress on the B16.
The tender is now complete with it’s missing Vacuum pipe and axleboxes and just needs a good scrub before I take any photos.
From the previous photos I have fitted the cab roof and working back from the cab I have also fitted the cab side hand rails
I also started work on the washout plugs, and for the upper part of the firebox in the timeframe of this model, the oval base plate had been replaced with a round one.

Gladiator B16-1 Body Details

Gladiator B16-1 Body Details

In the kit these are represented by a circular half etched overlay but those in the kit were a little over etched therefore a bit on the flimsy side. So I made some replacements from some nickel rod threaded 14ba to these I added some Markits Crankpin washers (my last so I need to get some more) and a 14BA nut to finish.

Gladiator B16-1 Body Details

Last thing, I gave it a good clean up scraping off lots of the excess solder that had built up in various areas.