GNR One Horse Parcels Van – made assemblies complete

Next I made up the underframe and shafts from Plastruct. The shafts I put in a collet in the lathe and then used a file to taper the end. Then once I had them both tapered the same I held them together and kept holding them in boiling water while applying pressure to get them to curve at the ends. Once happy I stuck them into holes in the ends of the under frame.

GNR One horse Parcel van – Underframe and Traces

What will become housings for the harness rings were made by wrapping a 5mm wide strip of 10 thou around an off cut of the same plastruct rod that I made the shafts from and gluing the ends together leaving the piece removable. I held it in a small hand vice until dry. Once dry it was removed from the rod, trimmed to size and tested out on the shafts. At this point it still need to be drilled.

Then I moved back to the body and added beading from 0.8mm half round Plastruct strip following the photo rather than the drawing fr the placement of the strips.

GNR One horse Parcel van – Body almost complete
GNR One horse Parcel van – Body almost complete
GNR One horse Parcel van – Body almost complete
GNR One horse Parcel van – Body almost complete

Last but not least the seat, the wheels and the springs were the items that I mentioned that were salvaged from the Brumm model.

GNR One horse Parcel van – Wheels and Springs