Refurbished Brumm Carriage

Following on from my making of the replacement carriage lamps for the Brumm Carriage acouple of posts or so ago, I decided that I really couldn’t live with that bright yellow livery.

So, in between other jobs, I carefully took it to bits and resprayed all the bits to take off the ‘plasticy’/toy like look. This journey was helped by my sorting out the issues with two of my airbrushes and completely killing the third when the spray nozzle broke off as I was reassembling it after a thorough clean. I have kept the remaining parts as I am pretty sure that the needle and other bits will fit one of the others.

I originally wanted to finish it in a crimson lake colour but I didn’t have any paint to hand so I enlisted Chris’s assistance to mix some. Part way through that process she arrived at a lovely plum colour which I rather liked so we stuck with that.

Refurbished Brumm Carriage
Refurbished Brumm Carriage
Refurbished Brumm Carriage
Refurbished Brumm Carriage
Refurbished Brumm Carriage

I do still need to fit those replacement carriage lamps though…