At the moment all except the cab, the reversing lever and it’s housing are just sat in place and are held by the firm fit of the components. – The sand shields are just lent in place because I need to drill them yet for the sandbox fillers. I am slightly surprised that they don’t have at least some semblance of a hole etched in them given how well everything else is portrayed.
Further work over the weekend has seen it start to look like a loco at long last.
I also need to drill and put a self tapper in the top of the cab face of the firebox to close up the very slight gap on the drivers side before I solder it in place. The instructions suggest doing this but I thought that I had got away without the need until I put everything in place.