Wow another 2 post day!
Another that has had it’s finishing touches is the NBR Brake van. This too presented a few challenges on the transfer front but it came out all right in the end.
I even managed to glaze the duckets without too much difficulty despite them being a solid casting and no way in from the inside of the van. I have tried and failed to show with the photo below that you can actually see through them and out each end of the ducket. I used some 1mm perpex which I cut in to a 12mm strip from which I cut further strips 2.5mm wide. I filed the ends round and kept filing top and bottom until they were a tight fit. Once they were wedged in I ran some Johnsons clear over them to help them to stick.
The rest of the windows are glazed with microscope cover slips from CPL stuck in with PVA. What I like about using PVA to stick them in is that any you get on the windows themselves can be cleaned off once dry with a bit of water on a cotton bud. But if you don’t do too good a job it looks like dirty windows.