Around meeting up with the guys at Shildon on Sunday I have managed to make good progress with getting the transfers on the Jubilee vans.
Three down and one to go. I do still need to add running numbers to them all – that’s what looks like a water mark on the van sides is – the glossy bit that awaits the number.
Even now while looking at photos I keep seeing more details to add.
Lastly I also got some transfers on the pipe wagon too.
I still have some way to go with painting and weathering them all but they are coming on.
Not much progress in the way of modelling this week but I have managed to get a few items painted.
The NBR vans
And ain’t always the way I have noticed a missing nut on the end of this one…
The the Parkside Pipe wagon
Aside from adding some lead to the two matchboard vans and gluing the roofs on the Jubilee vans are finished and ready for the paint shop.
Next is the challenge of producing the “Return to Singer” transfers which I also have a plan to do them on the Silhouette.
While up north last week I managed the best part of four days and evenings at the bench which saw much progress on the Jubilee vans. So much so that I thought that I had the panelled pair complete apart from adding weight and sticking the roof’s down. Hmmm, another look at the photos showed the lack of handrails across the ends…… The pair of matchboard versions are well on their way too but one still needs the end posts cutting and adding along with yet more bolt heads that I missed on the first pass.
Despite using the cutter and Parkside underframe details I reckon that each van will have more than 20 hours of assembly by the time they are all ready for the paint shop.
I am still struggling to take decent photos of the white plastic but her’s where we are up to.
The observant amongst you will have noticed the LNER plate peeking out from under the body – I had a tinker to see if I could draw on up and cut it successfully – reasoning that I could always get some etched from the art work if that didn’t work.
Since cutting those shown on 10 thou I tried again on 20 thou which gave much better results although in the final cut I removed the small lettering in the middle just keeping LNER and the number – I am still struggling to get a decent photo so you may have to wait until they are on one of the other vans.