Finally the prospect of getting a workbench up and running looms. Hopefully by the end of next week i should be seriously thinking about getting a temporary workbench set up. With the current lockdown extended it’s probably going to be a garden bistro table with a makeshift plywood top and a garden chair to sit on but it’s better than nothing.
I have a limited number of potential victims to hand to get back into the swing of things. It’s a toss up between this and one of Jim’s LNER Bogie Brick wagons. I won’t be able to make a final decision on what I can build until I dig in the depths of the shed and see what modeling tools I managed to bring with me.
What I know I don’t have, is access to my library. But I do have digital general arrangement drawings for the D61 brake van but only a couple of photos of the brick wagon so if I have glue etc. I am leaning towards the Brake van.
In anticipation, this evening I opened the box and scanned the sides and cabin ends so that I can use the GA drawings to draw up and cut an interior with the Silhouette cutter. That should keep me out of mischief for a few nights until I get the WB in action.
Progress will be posted as it happens.